Road Bicycle Cranks (Whole Sale Rates)
Are you looking for the road bicycle cranks? You are in the right place as we are selling high-quality road bicycle cranks at best pricing.
Before you go all-in with your bike, it is quite important to learn about all the technicalities and mechanisms of riding a bike. It is not just pushing the lever one way and pedaling the bike; it’s about understanding how everything works.
The crank and its parts; are the heart of your bike’s drivetrain. Your bike cannot work without it; also, it needs to be strong, light, and durable. Read more about bike cranks and learn everything equally important.
1: What is a Bike Crank?
A bike crank is a component that the chainring uses to bolt; the crank arms are the levers attached to your pedal. Without the crankset, you cannot ride your bike.
The cranks are mounted on either side of the bike connected by an axle. Moreover, there are different types of cranks: steel, aluminum, carbon fiber, etc.
2: How does the Bike crank work?
With the BMX bikes, steel cranks work best. The front gear is referred to as a crank, and they assemble with crank arms or commonly known as ‘crankset;
The crank doubles into chainring, and as the chain moves away from the centerline of the bike, the pedaling gets harder as you go faster. It is relatively easy to understand the mechanism; once you get to know about the main components.
3: Which BMX crank is right for me?
There are specific camps of BMX bike cranks, and according to the nature of the BMX, you can choose the crank.
- Race cranks: they are made from aluminum and carbon crank and save a lot of weight on the bike. Also, with the race crank on the BMX bike, you need to have euro-style bottom brackets.
- Three-piece: the most popular crankset that is commonly found on freestyle BMX bikes. However, they feature two separate crank arms attached to a splined axle.
- One piece: this crank is found on entry-level or beginner’s bikes. Also, for this crank, you need to have American-style bottom brackets installed.
4: What are the important factors while changing the bike crank?
When upgrading or replacing the BMX bike crank, make sure to get the right sizing. It is important to know the accurate axle diameter and crank length.
- Axle diameter: you need to check your bottom bracket first to know about the axle’s compatibility. The two common axles are 19 and 22mm. Also, there are different spline patterns—48, 16, and 8 splines are the most common patterns. Get the axle and spline’s accurate measurement to make sure that your sprocket will fit your new cranks.
- Crank length: measure the length from the bottom bracket axle to the center of the pedal axle. However, most of the cranks have 170 or 175mm or as short as 140mm and as long as 190mm. Choose the crank that suits your leg measurement; it will give you optimum comfort and control.
5: Why buy from us?
Now that you know everything about bike cranks, particularly BMX cranks, you can easily explore a couple of options.
However, our range of replacement cranks arms, spiders, bearings, bolts, and spacers; enhances the life-span of your bike’s life. Also, our cranks keep the ride smooth as it should.